Search Sites…going beyond Google
Yes, there is a way to search other than Google! Check these sites and see how your results compare.
- Sweet Search – was created for you- the student!
- Finding Dulcinea– full of web guides for a variety of subjects
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Infotopia – provides only trusted websites selected by librarians and teachers.
- Infoplease– This resource goes beyond just searching; includes almanacs, biographies and an encyclopedia.
- BCCLS– Web subject guides
- French Directory
- RefSeek– is a web search engine for students and researchers that aims to make academic information easily accessible to everyone.
- DuckDuckGo – is a search engine which blocks hidden trackers and encrypts connections to keep you more private.
- Fact Monster – “is an ideal reference site … that provides entertainment and educational resources. It combines the contents of an encyclopedia, a dictionary, an atlas, and several almanacs loaded with statistics, facts, and historical records”.
- Yippy– This search group results into clusters. The different clusters are sources, sites and time. Check it out…it will not disappoint!
- StartPage – protects your privacy! The only search engine that does not record your IP address. Every time you use a regular search engine, your search data is recorded.
- Wolframalpha – gives you access to the world’s facts and data and calculates answers across a range of topics, including science.
- Dogpile – Dogpile returns all the best results from leading search engines including Google and Yahoo!, so you find what you’re looking for faster.
- The Library of Congress
- The Public Library of Law