What are primary sources?
- Digital Vaults– Database of some 1,200 documents, photographs, drawings, maps, and other materials.
- Primary Source Sets
- American Archive of Public Broadcasting – Discover historic programs of publicly funded radio and television across America.
- Chronicling America– Search America’s historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present.
- Digital Public Library of America – Discover 21,901,793 images, texts, videos, and sounds from across the United States.
- Library of Congress
- National Archives
- Newberry Library– Over 1.7 million items available from an independent library
- The New York Public Library Digital Collections – New materials added every day, featuring prints, photographs, maps, manuscripts, streaming video, and more.
- Smithsonian Learning Lab – Click ‘Discover’ and start your searching millions of items form the Smithsonian museums.
- World Digital Library– over 19,000 artifacts from around the world!