Choosing sources that are reliable and accurate are necessary for your research. It will help you gather information more effectively. To begin this assignment you will start with the following resources:
- ABDO Digital (Database)
- Your history textbook
- Books – have been pulled and are located on the back table in the library
- Britannica School (Don’t limit your search to Middle School)
- Facts on File – American History Online
- EBSCO – Explora for Secondary Schools
- Britannica ImageQuest
- ABDO Database– Photo section
- Library of Congress (see Mrs. Haake for citation help)
To avoid plagiarism you must include citations.
Books – Structure: Last name, First name. Title of Book. Publisher, Year of Publication.
Example: Hickman, Homer. Rocket Boys. Delta, 1998.
Databases – Copy and paste citations from the database
Images – Copy and paste citations from database. When citing from ABDO – Use the following citation and swap out the bold information:
Alamy. James Monroe Museum. Abdo, ABDO Digital, 2020, presidents.abdodigital.com/. Accessed 31 Jan. 2020.