Data is all around us; an infographic shared on social media, statistics in the news, information from your textbook.
Literacy is having the skills to understand the information provided by data and to be able to think critically about it. It is being able to know the strengths and weaknesses of the data, the biases, and the reliability of the data.
Data literacy is the ability to read, understand, create and communicate data as information.
- The Arda
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Social Explorer
- Open NASA
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics
- U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Local state and city government websites
- Pew Research Center
- World Health Organization
- The World Bank Open Data